American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large, level expanse of floating ice that is more than eight kilometers (five miles) in its greatest dimension.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A great sheet or floe of ice, at times so extensive in arctic seas that its limits cannot be seen from the masthead.
- n. a network of interconnected glaciers or ice streams having a common source
- n. a large expanse of floating ice (several miles long)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an extensive sheet of ice.
- n. a large flat mass of ice (larger than an ice floe) floating at sea
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ice field’.
Environmental Ice and Snow
(excluding all the food ice)
Geographical and weather-related ice formations and phenomena.
Looking for tweets for ice field.