from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fish or fishlike vertebrate.
- adj. Characteristic of or resembling a fish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of fish
- n. Any fish, or other vertebrate having the form of a fish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Somewhat like a fish; having some of the characteristics of fishes; -- said of some amphibians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a fish, or having the characters of a fish.
- n. A member of the Ichthyopsida; any fish-like vertebrate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.