from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Illinois, one of the United States, bordering on Lake Michigan.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the State of Illinois.
- Specifically, in geology, noting an epoch or subdivision of the glacial period, of which the deposits are well developed in Illinois.
- n. One of the Illinois, an Indian tribe of Algonkian stock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Illinois
Sorry, no etymologies found.
What are some critical parts of an early literacy program? southern illinoisan contest for literacy program?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.