from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To render immune.
- transitive v. To produce immunity in, as by inoculation.
- transitive v. Law To grant immunity from prosecution: immunize a witness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make someone or something immune to something.
- v. To inoculate someone, as thus produce immunity from a disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To produce immunity in; render immune.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perform vaccinations or produce immunity in by inoculation
- v. law: grant immunity from prosecution
Sorry, no etymologies found.