from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. getting better
- v. Present participle of improve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to improve, beneficial; growing better.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making improvement.
- Tending to cause improvement; affording means or occasion of improvement; that may be used to advantage.
- n. In metallurgy, an operation for removing a portion of the impurities from argentiferous lead by exposing the molten metal to the oxidizing influence of the air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. getting higher or more vigorous
Sorry, no etymologies found.