from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In secret; privately.
- adv. Law In private with a judge rather than in open court.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In secret or in private (in an enclosed room, behind closed doors).
- adv. Without the presence of the public or the media (in court)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. in a judge's chamber, that is, privately.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. kept private or confined to those intimately concerned
New Latin in camerā : Latin in, in + Late Latin camerā, ablative of camera, chamber.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin meaning "in (the) chamber)". (Wiktionary)