American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. In secret; privately.
- adv. Law In private with a judge rather than in open court.
- adv. In secret or in private (in an enclosed room, behind closed doors).
- adv. law Without the presence of the public or the media (in court)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Law) in a judge's chamber, that is, privately.
- adv. kept private or confined to those intimately concerned
- Latin meaning "in (the) chamber)". (Wiktionary)
- New Latin in camerā : Latin in, in + Late Latin camerā, ablative of camera, chamber. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘in camera’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Multiword expressions frequently used in EU context. Many of them have a specific EU-meaning, some of them are topical in 2012 also outside the EU but have a relevance in EU politics. People workin...
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 1567 more...
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Terms associated with the workings of the European Parliament
action for annulment, adjournment of de..., admissibility of ..., adoption of a text, agenda, allowances of MEPs, amendment, assent procedure, associated commit..., attendance register, blue card, breach of the Mem... and 241 more...
hack someone off, scrape the bottom..., haul over the coals, rake over the coals, have a thin time, down one's alley, up one's alley, shoot the bull, bite the bullet, up the creek, cudgel one' brains, plain as a pikestaff and 156 more...
Looking for tweets for in camera.