from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Within a living organism: metabolic studies conducted in vivo; in vivo techniques.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Within a living organism.
- adv. Within a living organism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Within the living body. See in vitro.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the living organism
- adj. within a living organism
New Latin in vīvō : Latin in, in + Latin vīvō, ablative of vīvus, living, a living body.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from Latin. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.