from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. entrance; ingress
- n. The aperture in a mould for pouring in the metal; the gate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Entrance; ingress.
- n. The aperture in a mold for pouring in the metal; the gate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Entrance; passage inward.
- n. In founding, the aperture in a mold through which fused metal is poured: also called inset and tedge.
- n. In coal-mining, an entrance to a mine from the shaft.
in + gate (Wiktionary)