from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Growing inward or into, especially into the flesh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. growing inwards or abnormally towards (a part of the body)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Growing or appearing to grow into some other substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Growing inward; in surgery, growing into the flesh: as, an ingrowing nail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing abnormally into the flesh
Sorry, no etymologies found.