from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shrub (Ilex glabra) of eastern North America, having black, berrylike fruit. Also called Appalachian tea.
- n. The fruit of the inkberry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various unrelated plants that bear dark berries: Ilex glabra, Ilex verticillata, Scaevola plumieri, and those of the pokeweed genus Phytolacca, especially Phytolacca americana.
- n. The fruit of such a plant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An elegant shrub, Ilex glabra, found on the Atlantic coast of North America.
- n. The plant Randia aculeata, called the West Indian inkberry.
- n. The plant Mollinedia macrophylla (Kibara macrophylla of authors), called the Australian or Queensland inkberry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evergreen holly of eastern North America with oblong leathery leaves and small black berries
ink + berry (Wiktionary)