from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of inlay.
- adj. Set into a surface in a decorative pattern: a mahogany dresser with an inlaid teak design.
- adj. Decorated with a pattern set into a surface: inlaid antique furniture.
- adj. Having a pattern that goes through to the backing. Used of linoleum or vinyl flooring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of inlay.
- adj. Set into a surface in a decorative pattern.
- adj. Having an inset decorative pattern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- of inlay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adorned by inlays
Sorry, no etymologies found.