from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring between glacial epochs.
- n. A comparatively short period of warmth during an overall period of glaciation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring between ice ages.
- n. The relatively warm period between ice ages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, formed or occurring between two periods of glacial action: as, interglacial beds; an interglacial period.
inter- + glacial (Wiktionary)