from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The growing of one thing with or into another.
- n. Mineralogy The growing together of crystals from two or more minerals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A growing together and through each other of two crystals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A growing together; a growth between.
- n. Specifically In crystallography, intercrystallization; the intimate union of two mineral species, often in parallel position, produced by simultaneous crystallization; also, one of the subindividuals involved in a composite growth of this character.
Sorry, no etymologies found.