from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inserted between the lines of a text.
- adj. Written or printed with different languages or versions in alternating lines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. inserted between the lines of a text
- adj. having alternate lines of text in different languages
- n. such a text
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated between the lines; inserted between lines; hence, intermediate: as, interlinear corrections. Also interlineary.
- Having interpolated lines; interlined: as, an interlinear translation (one in which a line of the translated text is followed by a corresponding line of the translation).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. written between lines of text
Sorry, no etymologies found.