from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make international.
- transitive v. To put under international control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something international; to involve multiple nations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make international; to cause to affect the mutual relations of two or more nations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make international; cause to affect the mutual relations of two or more countries: as, to internationalize a war.
- To bring or force (a weak country or territory) under the control or protection of several stronger nations. See internationalism, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make international in character
- v. put under international control
Sorry, no etymologies found.