Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form a connecting-link between two or more objects; be interosculant.
- In biology, to form a connection between two species or varieties by intermediate forms.
- In anatomy, to form a communication between different structures, such as blood-vessels.
- v. To kiss together; to touch.
- v. biology To have the character of, or to lie between, two distinct groups.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To kiss together to touch. See osculate.
- v. (Biol.) To have the character of, or to lie between, two distinct groups.
- inter- + osculate (Wiktionary)
“The Adige has now just reached this state: its delta is continuous with the delta of the Po, and their branches interosculate.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘interosculate’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for interosculate.