from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put or insert between other strata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To put or insert between other strata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, to cause to occupy a position among or between other strata; intermix as regards strata.
- To assume a position between or among other strata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange rocks in alternating strata
inter- + stratify (Wiktionary)