from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the ducts of the testes opening in, and not before or behind, the clitellum, as certain terricolous annelids or earthworms.
- n. An earthworm having this structure.
- n. Perrier divided earthworms into three groups:
- n. Preclitellians (e. g. Lumbricus), where the male pores are situated in front of the clitellum;
- n. Intraclitellians (e. g. Eudrilus), where the male pores are within the clitellum; and
- n. Postclitellians (e. g. Perichæta), where the male pores open behind the clitellum.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.