from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture The inner curve of an arch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The inner curve of an arch or vault.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The interior curve of an arch; esp., the inner or lower curved face of the whole body of voussoirs taken together. See extrados.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the interior or lower line, curve, or surface of an arch or vault. The exterior or upper curve or surface is called the extrados. See arch, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the interior curve of an arch
French : intra-, within (from Latin intrā-; see intra-) + dos, back (from Old French, from Latin dorsum).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French, from Latin intra ("within") + French dos ("back") (from Latin dostrum). (Wiktionary)