from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who supervises students during an examination; a proctor
- n. A person who supervises a gallery at a museum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. someone who watches examination candidates to prevent cheating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One appointed to watch students during examination: proctors, examiners, and others are selected for this purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who watches examination candidates to prevent cheating
invigilate + -or, from Latin invigilatus, past participle of invigilo (Wiktionary)