from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To treat or combine with iodine or an iodide: iodize salt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to treat or react with iodine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To treat or impregnate with iodine or its compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, to treat with iodine; affect with iodine.
- In photography, to impregnate, as collodion, with iodine; add iodine or an iodide to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat with iodine
- v. treat with iodine so as to prevent infection
Sorry, no etymologies found.