from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or belonging to the iris family.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the irises (of family Iridaceae)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, a large natural order of endogenous plants (Iridaceæ), which includes the genera Iris, Ixia, Crocus, Gladiolus, and many others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling or pertaining to plants of the genus Iris.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of plants of the family Iridaceae
From New Latin Īridācea, iris family, from Īris, Īrid-, type genus, from Latin īris, iris; see iris.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)