from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical removal of part of the iris of the eye.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Removal of part or all of the iris of the eye
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of cutting out a portion of the iris in order to form an artificial pupil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, the operation of cutting out a part of the iris, as for the formation of an artificial pupil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an eye operation that treats closed-angle glaucoma by surgical removal of part of the iris of the eye
Sorry, no etymologies found.