from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of pressing clothes with a heated iron.
- n. The clothing pressed or to be pressed with a heated iron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of iron.
- n. The act of pressing clothes with an iron.
- n. Laundry that has been washed and is ready to be ironed.
- n. Laundry that has recently been ironed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of smoothing, as clothes, with hot flatirons.
- n. The clothes ironed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In laundry-work: The act of smoothing with hot irons.
- n. The clothes so smoothed.
- n. In metallurgy, the adherence of imperfectly fused masses of iron to the twyers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed
- n. the work of using heat to smooth washed clothes in order to remove any wrinkles
Sorry, no etymologies found.