from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A male athlete of remarkable endurance or durability.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extremely tough and strong athlete, especially one who competes in extreme athletic competitions or in a large number of games consecutively.
- n. A form of surf lifesaving competition which combines swimming, board paddling, ski paddling and running.
- n. The winner of such an event.
- n. An extreme form of triathlon, expecially one organised by the World Triathlon Corporation that comprises a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike race and a marathon run.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong man of exceptional physical endurance
From iron + man. (Wiktionary)