from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes iron articles; a blacksmith.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blacksmith (who makes articles from iron)
- n. An East Indian barbet (Megalaima faber) whose note resembles the sounds made by a smith.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A worker in iron; one who makes and repairs utensils of iron; a blacksmith.
- n. An East Indian barbet (Megalaima faber), inhabiting the Island of Hainan. The name alludes to its note, which resembles the sounds made by a smith.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worker in iron, as a blacksmith, locksmith, etc.
- n. The barbet of Hainan, Megalæma faber: so called from its cry, translating the native name.
iron + smith (Wiktionary)