Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, production of similar or identical sexual organisms or reproductive parts from diverse stocks.
- n. Similarity in crystalline form; specifically, that existing between the crystals of chemical compounds which are not closely related in composition. See isomorphism.
- n. zoology The quality of having similar sexual zooids or gonophores and dissimilar hydrants; said of certain hydroids.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) The quality of having similar sexual zooids or gonophores and dissimilar hydrants; -- said of certain hydroids.
- Ancient Greek. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘isogonism’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for isogonism.