from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of points on a surface, or in a medium) having equal densities
- n. A line on a chart connecting points of equal density
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having equal density, as different regions of a medium; passing through points at which the density is equal.
- n. A line or surface passing through those points in a medium, at which the density is the same.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or indicating equality of density: as, an isopycnic line.
- n. A line or surface, in a substance or medium, at every point of which the density is the same. Also isopyc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.