from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various ticks of the family Ixodidae
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a member of the Ixodidae, a family of ticks having a hard shield on the back and mouth parts that project from the head.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the family Ixodidæ.
- Resembling or belonging to the family Ixodidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ticks having a hard shield on the back and mouth parts that project from the head
Sorry, no etymologies found.