from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of jacket.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The material of a jacket.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The material, as cloth, felt, etc., from which a jacket is made.
- n. A jacket; a cover or protection to an inanimate object, as the felt covering of a steam-pipe.
- n. A thrashing.
- Surrounding or protecting as a jacket: in physical, said of a layer of insulating material surrounding a calorimeter or other chamber to prevent the inflow or egress of heat.
Sorry, no etymologies found.