American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A court game in which players use a long hand-shaped basket strapped to the wrist to propel a ball against a wall.
- n. a Basque ball game in which the players propel the ball using a long basket attached to the wrist
- n. a Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket
- Spanish, from Basque jai (“festival”) + alai (“merry”) (Wiktionary)
- Spanish, from Basque : jai, festival + alai, joyous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘jai alai’.
Looking for tweets for jai alai.