from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To translate into jargon.
- intransitive v. To talk or write jargon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To speak or write using jargon.
- v. To convert into jargon; to express using jargon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To speak a jargon; utter uncouth and unintelligible sounds.
I'd say: more generally widespread among people. who jargonize about computing so often in their daily work that they often forget that not everybody, even in a country where people are as clever about English as German/Austrian/Swiss folks are (we all know that 100% population in these places speak a very perfect English) do understand what "downgrade" means.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.