from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the genus Polygonella of knotweeds and smartweeds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A slender, nearly leafless, American herb (Polygonum articulatum), with jointed spikes of small flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Polygonum articulatum, an American plant: so called from its many-jointed spike-like racemes.
- n. A. name of a species of Equisetum.
- n. The mare's-tail, Hippuris vulgaris.
joint + weed (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.