from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A troublesomely awkward or embarrassing situation.
- n. A matter to be reckoned with: Making money and keeping it are two quite different kettles of fish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An awkward situation; a predicament.
- n. A situation which is recognized as different from or as an alternative to some other situation, and which is not necessarily unfavorable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. informal terms for a difficult situation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.