from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The metal bar on motorcycle that is used to start its engine.
- n. The act of starting a motorcycle by quickly depressing the kick start with one's foot.
- n. A fast or strong start; help with starting or beginning well.
- n. An impetus that starts or restarts some process.
- v. To start a motorcycle
- v. To start or begin strongly or quickly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a starter (as on a motorcycle) that is activated with the foot and the weight of the body
From kick + start. (Wiktionary)