from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To start by using a kick starter: He kick-started the motorcycle and took off.
- transitive v. Informal To start or reinvigorate (an activity, system, or process): kick-start the economy with a large construction project.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of kick start.
- v. Alternative spelling of kick start.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. start (a motorcycle) by means of a kick starter
Sorry, no etymologies found.