from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small hard mass in the kidney that forms from deposits chiefly of phosphates and urates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A calculus in the kidney.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Nephrite, and Jade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nodule of brown ironstone, traversed by small veins of calcite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a calculus formed in the kidney
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.