from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A whitish to yellowish hydrous magnesium sulfate mineral, MgSO4·H2O, found in salt residues.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saline evaporite, consisting of hydrated magnesium sulphate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Hydrous sulphate of magnesia found at the salt mines of Stassfurt, Prussian Saxony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hydrated sulphate of magnesium, occurring in considerable beds with rock-salt at Stass-furt, Prussia, and elsewhere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white mineral consisting of hydrous magnesium sulfate often found in salt mines
After Dietrich Georg Kieser (1779-1862), German physician.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Kieser + -ite. After the German D. G. Kieser (1779-1862) in 1860. (Wiktionary)