from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of kilt.
- n. A method of vertically arranging flat plaits such that each plait is folded so as to cover half the of the one before it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A perpendicular arrangement of flat, single plaits, each plait being folded so as to cover half the breadth of the preceding one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An arrangement of flat plaits set close together, each one hiding about half of the last, so as generally to make three thicknesses of stuff.
- n. A tool; an instrument.
- n. One of the component parts of a thing.
Sorry, no etymologies found.