from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See picture tube.
- n. A film of a transmitted television program.
- transitive v. To make a film of (a transmitted television program).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an early television receiver tube
- n. a recording of a television broadcast made by filming the screen of a monitor; a telerecording
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as kinetoscope, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cathode-ray tube in a television receiver; translates the received signal into a picture on a luminescent screen
Originally a trademark.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)