from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Any of several plants with yellow flowers.
- n. Chiefly British The marsh marigold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A local name for various species of buttercup, or for the marsh marigold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The common buttercup.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant: same as goldcup.
- n. The marsh-marigold, Cultha palustris.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. swamp plant of Europe and North America having bright yellow flowers resembling buttercups
- n. any of various plants of the genus Ranunculus
From king + cup. (Wiktionary)