American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A low-growing, weedy Eurasian annual (Scleranthus annuus) having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A low, spreading weed (Scleranthus annuus), common in sandy soil.
- n. widely distributed low-growing Eurasian herb having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers
- Akin to German Knäuel, a ball of thread, coil. Compare clew. (Wiktionary)
- German Knäuel, from Middle High German kliuwel, kniuwel, diminutive of kliuwe, ball of yarn, from Old High German kliuwa. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘knawel’.
A lits of greens: cooked leafy vegetables; pigments, paint names, compound words, etc; words and phrases that pertain to or contain "green". Please add your favorites!
See this list f...
some MT (empty)+ many awful = sum awe some
Looking for tweets for knawel.