from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knight, often portrayed in medieval romances, who wanders in search of adventures to prove his chivalry.
- n. One given to adventurous or quixotic conduct.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knight who wandered in search of adventure and opportunities to prove his chivalry.
- n. A person who displays an adventurous or a quixotic spirit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wandering knight; a knight who traveled in search of adventures, for the purpose of exhibiting military skill, prowess, and generosity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See knight errant, under knight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wandering knight travelling in search of adventure
Sorry, no etymologies found.