American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hinged joint in which a pin fastens the ends of two rods, one of which has an eye that fits between the two perforated projections of the other.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An anatomical joint forming a knuckle, as one of the joints of the fingers; in a whale, the shoulder-joint.
- n. In mech., any flexible joint formed by two abutting links.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Mach.) a hinge joint, in which a projection with an eye, on one piece, enters a jaw between two corresponding projections with eyes, on another piece, and is retained by a pin which passes through the eyes and forms the pivot.
- n. a joint of a finger when the fist is closed
- n. a joint allowing movement in one plane only
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘knuckle joint’.
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
discharge lamp, correlation matrix, obidoxime chloride, withdrawal symptom, ipratropium bromide, book lung, zirconium dioxide, octane number, acetyl group, computer accessory, pinto bean, regression equation and 480 more...
Phrases based on the word "knuckle."
how knuckle is used
Looking for tweets for knuckle joint.