from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of kudu.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of kudu.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large South African antelope (Strepsiceros kudu). The males have graceful spiral horns, sometimes four feet long. The general color is reddish or grayish brown, with eight or nine white bands on each side, and a pale dorsal stripe. The old males become dark bluish gray, due to the skin showing through the hair. The females are hornless. Called also nellut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The striped antelope, Antilope strepsiceros or Strepsiceros kudu, found in many parts of Africa from Abyssinia to Cape Colony.
- n. One of the bushbucks, Tragelaphus selousi, which inhabits the swampy regions of central and eastern Africa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of two spiral-horned antelopes of the African bush
From Nama kudu-b. (Wiktionary)