from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Brazilian ballroom dance in which the partners press against each other tightly and gyrate sensually.
- n. Music for performing this dance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fast-paced, erotic Brazilian dance in which couples dance with their stomachs touching.
- n. The music to which it is danced.
- n. A strong hit, the act of hitting someone/something with a piece of wood or club.
Portuguese, beating, lashing, from past participle of lambar, to beat, variant of lombar, probably from lombo, side, flank (of a horse), from Latin lumbus, loin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Portuguese lambada (strong slap, hit) (Wiktionary)