American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
- n. The twelfth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet, corresponding to l.
- n. the 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- Hebrew lāmed, of Phoenician origin; see lmd in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Some Functions of the Hebrew Particles beth and lamedh," JQR 62 (1972) 199-206.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lamedh’.
words and concepts reflective of their twelveness
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Looking for tweets for lamedh.