from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Long ago; long since.
- n. Time long past; times past.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Yesteryear, in the old days, some time ago.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Long since; long ago.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Time long past; the days of long ago. See syne.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. of the distant or comparatively distant past
- adv. at a distant time in the past (chiefly Scottish)
- n. past times remembered with nostalgia
Scots lang syne, from Middle English lang sine : long, lang, long; see long1 + sine, since (contraction of sithen, sithens; see since).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)