from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having wool or woollike hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bearing or producing wool.
- adj. The sheep is a laniferous animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Bearing or producing wool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing or producing wool.
Latin lānifer (lāna, wool + -fer, -fer) + -ous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin lanifer; lana wool + ferre to bear: compare French lanifèare. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.