American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having wool or woollike hair.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing or producing wool.
- adj. Bearing or producing wool.
- adj. The sheep is a laniferous animal.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Bearing or producing wool.
- Latin lanifer; lana wool + ferre to bear: compare French lanifèare. (Wiktionary)
- Latin lānifer (lāna, wool + -fer, -fer) + -ous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘laniferous’.
-ife- & -iferous : common and not-so-common words about life
Everything sheep, from Artiodactyla to zodiac.
Words with the -fer suffix ("that which carries") or the -ferous suffix ("bearing," "producing," or "yielding").
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for laniferous.