American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The interval between exposure to an infectious organism or a carcinogen and the clinical appearance of disease.
- n. The interval between stimulus and response.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Med.), (Physiol.), (Biol.) One of those periods or resting stages in the development of the ovum, in which development is arrested prior to renewed activity.
- n. the time that elapses between a stimulus and the response to it
- n. the time that elapses before the presence of a disease is manifested by symptoms
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘latent period’.
Looking for tweets for latent period.